Skip to main content

so little cobblers..

These things are little bites of heaven. It us phyllo dough put in muffin pans with a spot of butter and baked at 350 to warm up while preparing the filling which is southern cobbler.

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
about a cup of milk

Take fruit, I used blackberries for this, but you can use peaches, blueberries, maybe raspberries and cover with about 1 cup of sugar. It is about 2 - 3 cups or so of fruit that is coated with the sugar.

Mix dry ingredients then add milk.

Pull muffin pan out of oven that has phyllo dough and butter and put a spoonful or so of cobbler on the dough then top with fruit.

Bake until done. 20-40 mins. I do not remember actual baking time.... I cooked til slightly brown.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...an abstract

This is more of what I consider a pure abstract. I tried it and liked it over all.

Peach Cobbler

My favorite thing in the world to make in summer with fresh South Carolina Peaches. One Word - YUM

Flowers

or daisies or an obsession. It seems that I have decided to go with this style of flowers. I find them easy enough to paint and it allows me to get better. Maybe I have gotten better and maybe they are just the same, but it is practice and I need lots of it. It started with on of the yellowish flowers painted with the idea of a butterfly landing on it. I wanted a big looking flower and a butterfly to be smaller. In the end, the butterfly sucked. It really sucked. It was horrible. However, I loved the flower and have been painting them since. Here are some of them These are all on the cheap 10" frames that I got from Joann's.  The one below is on a canvas that I made. I think I prefer my canvases overall. I buy the duck cloth from Joann's also. I love going in the store. Everyone is so nice that works there. To add insult to injury about the butterfly pic on the flower, the paint peeled when I was trying to cover it and using a ...