Skip to main content

paintings

I think I may add paintings to this blog. I hate to just start another win I have this sitting right here.

I have made mom some stretcher canvases and she decided that I should pick up painting also, well at least give it a try. She purchased some acrylic paints for me, gave me a pallet knife, a couple of brushes, pallet paper and it seems something else besides a quick lesson. I have had a fun time with it. I am not a great artist. I prefer wood working. However, it is a great extension of creativity and it allows me to learn something else. I am not good with perspective yet. Hopefully I will get better.

These first pics were on paper that I coated with gesso.



Yes, not much to look at. I had watched many videos on how to paint. These are my first attempts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...an abstract

This is more of what I consider a pure abstract. I tried it and liked it over all.

Peach Cobbler

My favorite thing in the world to make in summer with fresh South Carolina Peaches. One Word - YUM

Flowers

or daisies or an obsession. It seems that I have decided to go with this style of flowers. I find them easy enough to paint and it allows me to get better. Maybe I have gotten better and maybe they are just the same, but it is practice and I need lots of it. It started with on of the yellowish flowers painted with the idea of a butterfly landing on it. I wanted a big looking flower and a butterfly to be smaller. In the end, the butterfly sucked. It really sucked. It was horrible. However, I loved the flower and have been painting them since. Here are some of them These are all on the cheap 10" frames that I got from Joann's.  The one below is on a canvas that I made. I think I prefer my canvases overall. I buy the duck cloth from Joann's also. I love going in the store. Everyone is so nice that works there. To add insult to injury about the butterfly pic on the flower, the paint peeled when I was trying to cover it and using a ...